Best of HW covers & Assassins of Silence/Hundred Watt Violence

Stephen Swann swann at MINDVOX.COM
Mon Jul 29 16:32:37 EDT 1996

Paul Mather writes:

> On Mon, 29 Jul 1996, Doug wrote:
>
> > On a related note, I'd like to think Paul and I had a hand in naming a
> > Brain Surgeons CD. There had been a few posts about the 13th Floor El-
> > evators and I posted about Roky Ericson's method of obtaining enlighten-
> > ment. Paul pefectly nailed the idea I tried to convey down to one word,
> > Trepanation!
>
> 'Fraid I can't take the credit for that one.  Although familiar with the
> decidely outre practice of trepanation beforehand, I'm sure it was Steve
> Swann who first uttered that word as a suggestion for the Brain Surgeons
> album.  At least that's when TBS were canvassing for suggestions.

Yeah, I got it from the aforementioned discussion on BOC-L.  In fact,
I was utterly surprised that I was was the first person to mention it
when tBS started soliciting album title suggestions.  The Trepanation
thread had been less than a year previous to that, I would guess.

Btw, Paul, I haven't forgotten the MM EP.  I've just been busy
relocating.  It's in a box somewhere.  :-)

Steve
swann at panix.com