BOC: Short Sets

M R Godwin hssmrg at BATH.AC.UK
Tue Jul 30 08:16:48 EDT 1996

Hi Steve

I agree with everything you say. Comments below.

- Mike Godwin

On Mon, 29 Jul 1996, Stephen Swann wrote:

> The songs that I most wanted
> to see were Astronomy and Last Days of May - I had to wait until last
> year in North Carolina to see the latter, and I have NEVER seen
> Astronomy.

Mike Godwin replies: Agreed - these are their two best numbers. The only
time I ever saw them play Astronomy, they did the crappy "Hey - Hey Hey"
version while promoting Imaginos, rather than the proper Secret Treaties
version. My mates saw them in Leicester on the UK laser tour and said they
played an amazing Astronomy, but they didn't include it when I saw them in
Bristol.

> I would much rather hear stuff like Quicklime Girl, Wings Wetted Down,
> 7 Screaming Diz Busters, Death Valley Nights, Astronomy, Last Days of
> May, Hot Rails to Hell, etc, etc.

MG: Has anyone seen them play QLG or WWW? I certainly haven't.

Actually, of the last BOC show, the highlights
> for me were Last Days of May (at last!), and Baby Ice Dog, of all
> things!

MG: Wow! I'd really like to heave been there. Guess I just like Tyranny
and Mutation...