BOC: Short Sets

Mike Fuller mjf at GRAHAM.COM
Tue Jul 30 14:53:18 EDT 1996

Steve> Actually, I would have counted myself lucky to see that short
Steve> show with The Vigil.  I saw BOC something like 6 or 7 times in
Steve> Buffalo, between 1983 and 1994, and they played practically an
Steve> identical set every time (actually, not true - the RbN tour
Steve> featured some songs that I've never seen since, like Black
Steve> Blade). The songs that I most wanted to see were Astronomy and
Steve> Last Days of May - I had to wait until last year in North
Steve> Carolina to see the latter, and I have NEVER seen Astronomy.

BTW, have I mentioned lately that I've seen them do "Last Days of May"
six times and "Astronomy" twice?  Not to mention, of course, "Veteran of
the Psychic Wars"...  :-)

Steve> Actually, of the last BOC show, the highlights for me were Last
Steve> Days of May (at last!), and Baby Ice Dog, of all things!  Why
Steve> BID, although it's not one of my all-time faves?  Because it was
Steve> fresh, and not worn thin with thousands of repetitons.  The band
Steve> seemed to be MUCH more energized when playing it than when they
Steve> were playing their 10,000th "Reaper".

Actually, I think it was "Teen Archer".

--
                                Mike