BOC/HW ratio

Chris Raymond chrisr at TIAC.NET
Wed Jul 31 01:17:50 EDT 1996

I have been a obsessed with Hawkwind since 1976.  The first time I heard Hawkwind I was
15 years old and Do Re Mi was on the turntable, for 18 hours straight. My adoration of
everything Hawkwind has not waned one iota.  The first time I saw HW was at Jonny D's in
September of 1989.  I will never forget walking in and seeing other Hawkwind fans.  I
did not know there were any.  I saw HW T-shirts for the first time.  I asked a woman
wearing a HW T if she had ever seen the band before; and she said she saw them at
Stonhenge in 1981.  It was like a spiritual experience.  I discovered that HW was out on
CD that evening.  I heard some of my favorite songs of all time performed live that
night:  Assault and Battery, The Golden Void, Winds of Change.  It was a dream come
true. So far I have seen the band 15 times. Once in 1989, three times in 1990, six times
in 1991 and 5 times in 1995.

BOC I really loved a lot from the 1972 - 1976 I really listened to them often.  Tyranny
and Mutation was and is my favorite.  I still bought the albums until the early 80's and
lost track of them.  A couple of months ago I got on the BOC-l (first time posting) and
was reintroduced to to BOC.  I had the first two cd's but was enticed to get several
more.  I would say I am enjoying BOC again; but STILL need HW to live. Sorry to go on so
long. Thanks,
Chris