OFF: Eloy/WotEoT

Gordon Hundley drgoon at CIX.COMPULINK.CO.UK
Wed Jul 31 20:09:00 EDT 1996

I pretty much share Christian's opinion of WotEoT, though my favourite HW
is perhaps Astounding Sounds.

As far as compilations go, there's only two straight compilations, a
couple of modern re-recording compilations, and the truly fabulous
"Live". The latter is worth getting because it has a lot of the good
numbers, played by possibly the definitive Eloy line-up (Eloy are
possibly only bettered by HW for frequency of line-up changes).

My favourite Eloy comes in one swathe across the middle of their career,
much as with HW: Power and the Passion, Dawn, Ocean, Live, Silent Cries
and Mighty Echoes, Colours. They carried on being good, then after '84's
Metromania went quiet before some poor recent stuff starting in '88. To
be fair, the most recent stuff is rather good again, and the forthcoming
Ocean II promises to be a belter given their "new" Bassist. :)

Gordon.