OFF: Eloy/WotEoT

Duane Hoyt aa5287 at FREENET.LORAIN.OBERLIN.EDU
Wed Jul 31 18:37:21 EDT 1996

>So on my list it would be something like my 5th favorite.... My favorite
>HW album is the super sleek and stylish "Quark Strangeness & Charm".
>Yes, I'm one of those people who doesen't think "Warrior..." is all it's
>cracked up to be (but there are some great tunes there inbetween
>Moorcock's shouting and ranting, i.e. Dying Seas, Assault & Battery,
>Spiral Galaxy 28948). Anybody else share my opinion, or am I like
>attacking a sacred cow here?

I agree about Q,S,aC being better. I just recently heard it for the first
time about 2 weeks ago.  WotEoT is good also, but I could do without Dying
Seas, and it doesn't really need 2 versions of the spoken Warriors deal.
I also think there are better versions of Motorhead around, and I like the
instrumental Kings of Speed on the Hawkwind Zoo much better.
It's kinda like comparing a good red wine to a good white wine.  Both could be
considered excellent in their own right, and they are both wines, but each
has it's own characteristics that are very different.
It seems that when it comes down to picking a favorite HW cd, it always seems
to end up being the "latest" one I bought.

Duane