BOC sets

Ken Drew kenneth.drew.3 at ND.EDU
Wed Jul 31 16:10:45 EDT 1996

>Date:    Wed, 31 Jul 1996 08:31:58 -0400
>From:    John A Swartz <jswartz at MBUNIX.MITRE.ORG>
>Subject: BOC: Sets
>
>So, the stuff that's been revived from the vaults into the live shows over
>the past year or so are:
>
>Shooting Shark
>The Vigil
>Lips In The Hills
>In Thee
>The Great Sun Jester (played a few times last summer, but appears to have
>been dropped)
>
>Back in the '91-'93 timeframe, the band also revived the following for
>a brief time:  Career of Evil, Unknown Tongue, and Teen Archer (which
>still finds its way into the current sets every now and again).
>
>At some point, I may try and have an entry in the FAQ that at least in
>general terms lists BOCs standard sets through the years.  Bolle may be
>doing something similar with his tape-collectors guide, though, so for
>the time being, I'm holding off (although I've got lots of setlists,
>and at some point might post to BOC-l).

I have been lucky enough to catch BOC on the Cult. Erectus tour as well as
Mirrors tour so I have all of the above (except for Shooting Shark) live and
in person. Tapes make up for Shooting Shark.

My question: During the Mirrors tour, BOC played a cover of Deep Purple's
"Highway Star" which rocked. I have yet to see this ever mentioned or even
show up on tapes. Anyone out there also recall hearing this in concert?

KEN (kdrew at nd.edu)
*Webb Wilder : http://www.nd.edu/~kdrew/ *
*The Beat Farmers : WWW page at:             *
*http://www.ucsd.edu/sdam/artists/bf/          *
*Check them out today                                   *