OFF: Eloy-news

simon sihalley at VOSSNET.CO.UK
Wed Jul 31 17:10:22 EDT 1996

Reply to Guido Vacano about Re: OFF: Eloy-news

>I think essentially all their output could be classified as "space rock".
>I would recommend _Metromania_. IMHO, it's their only REALLY GOOD (TM)
>album, though they certainly have some good monents on their other
>albums. I have about nine Eloy CDs, and while I'm only blown away by
>_Metromania_, I like all the others.

>Guido

>obCDplayer--Louder than Love by Soundgarden

>--
>If nothing is done, then all will be well.  -- Lao Tse

Well there you go, I was never that keen on that one personally, I'll give it
another listen. This album, with Planets and Time to turn were a lot more
structured then the earlier material i thought. shorter, more straight forward
songs, not that that is nessisarly a bad thing. I've not heard anything since
'Ra'. Is the more recent stuff any good/worth getting? I know they have
released a couple of cd's with re-recordings of older stuff. Are they worth
while?
 Is there a full Eloy discography anywhere, or a home page?

Si

sihalley at vossnet.co.uk