OFF: Eloy-news

Jerry stayer at PI.NET
Wed Jul 31 20:52:34 EDT 1996

Christian,

>Hmm.. I've always been curios about this band, but have never had the
>opportunity to actually hear them. From what I understand their late
>70's period is considered "space-rock".... which album would be a good
>place to start for a rabid Hawkwind fan??

Phew, tough question. I always considered Eloy more progrock than space rock.
Maybe 'Silent Cries, Mighty Echoes' (1979) is a good place to start. I don't
think this is their best album, but it might be closest to HW Eloy ever got.
Another good choice might be 'Inside' (1973), or 'Ocean' (1977).
Some more progrock albums: 'Planets', 'Time To Turn'.

Enjoy,
Jerry