HW in Germany

Keith A Henderson khenders at MAGNUS.ACS.OHIO-STATE.EDU
Wed Jun 5 12:11:28 EDT 1996

Yuri sayz..

> Hello Bernhard!
>
> > Here they are:
>
> > HAWKWIND
> > GENTLE GIANT
> > GURU GURU
> > PRETTY THINGS
> > WILD SILK
> > FRUMPY
> > and 5 or 6 unknown bands
>
> HAWKWIND
> PRETTY THINGS
> RAINBIRDS * GURU GURU
> InterContinental Rockship * Anekdoten
> Mr.Amon Duul * Ritual * Missus Beastly
> Ax Genrich * Uli Trepte * The Perc * Wild Silk * Boxtie
>
> No mention of Gentle Giant, unfortunately :(
> There seems to be two possibilities: either GG was planned for this festival,
> but later was deleted. Or maybe it was added after this poster was printed?

Gentle Giant (won't use GG as it could mean Guru Guru as well!) is apparently
not going to do this festival.

>And, btw, does anyone know who is this Mr.Amon Duul and does he have something
> in common with the famous Krautrock band?

I've now seen that this might in fact be a thing put together by Chris Karrer,
presumably without the rest of the re-union group (Leopold, Meid, and Knaup).
There was also mentioned the possibility of him working with Christian Vander
of Magma at this gig.  That'd be interesting!!

I would love to be going to this awesome event.  Are there any plans to put
together a CD of these live performances....and on that subject, has anyone
heard anything more about the 'second' CD that was supposedly going to be made
of the other (Friends & Relations) live performances at the 25th Gong Anniv.
weekend??

'The Perc' is supposed to contain members from Grobschnitt and Amon Duul (no
numerical designation given).  I don't know who these might be, but it might be
something you would want to catch, even if only to find out who they were.

Keith H.  (FAA)

ObCD Lemmingmania - Amon Duul II
(so nice to hear 'Rattlesnake Plumcake' on disc....and 'Jail-house Frog' is no
longer 'Jail-house Rfog' !!!)