HW TV Appearan

gingoblin at EASYNET.CO.UK gingoblin at EASYNET.CO.UK
Wed Jun 5 12:30:33 EDT 1996

Okay, finally got the HW appearance on VH-1 today. In fact, it's two
seperate appearances. The first has them doing Silver Machine and Love In
Space in the studio (but with a great light show, not the usual studio
crap), with a few words from Dave regarding what the band are up to, their
involvement with the Tibetan Support Group (and a big gold star for Dave for
encouraging people to carry out direct action!) etc.
  The second appearance is Dave and Ron being interviewed, with a few clips
of the Love In Space performance cut in.
  Entertaining stuff, especially considering VH-1 tends to be followed by
the words dull, boring and sad generally!!
  Still, it's good to see Hawkwind keeping up their vast TV workload! That's
three times I've seen them on TV in only ten years! And does anyone know if
they were actually on UKTV between Quark on Marc (hey, catchy!) and the two
songs on ECT in '86? What's that then...'72 (TOTP), '77, '86, '89 (Bedrock),
and now '96...oh well, into the next millenium before we'll get any more!!

cheers,
       Dave