BOC: Goldmine/UK

Andy Gilham AndyGilham at AOL.COM
Thu Jun 6 15:33:42 EDT 1996

Paul said

>Well, I think there's a lot of *trivia*, but there are startling gaps of
>real insight or information at key places.  I *still* don't know why
>Albert was ousted from the band.  All they do is credit it to his
>"outlandish behaviour" and him "being Albert" and leave it to the reader
>to fill in exactly what that means, and why it classes as a hanging
>offence.

I hadn't skimmed more than a few pages when I posted that first message,
which is why I was non-committal...  Yeah, that's probably the most obvious
point where an issue was raised, and my ears pricked up, and I thought, "tell
me more!", and then the subject was quickly changed.  (Though I reckon if
Albert had been in Man, for instance, he'd have been the suspiciously quiet
one! :)

There's a really fascinating story to be told about the BOC, it's about power
dynamics between Pearlman and the rest, and it's still untold...

- Andy

ObCD: Alison Krauss - _Now That I've Found You_