BOC: SLC concert review

Hardman DK D.K.Hardman at CITY.AC.UK
Mon Jun 10 07:55:16 EDT 1996

On Mon, 10 Jun 1996, M R Godwin wrote:

> They opened with
> 'Stairway to the Stars', same as first time I saw them over twenty years
>                          ago. Next was
> 'Dr Music'              so I didn't need to request it! Followed by:
> O.D.'d on Life
> Extra Terrestrial Intelligence
> A new song by Buck which was a bit boring except for the guitar solo in a
>                         different time (Reaper-style)

For shame, for shame!!  IMHO Buck's new one, Harvest Moon, is destined to
be something of a classic. In Goldmine Sandy Pearlman says that Buck has
written "maybe seven songs of genius, including Harvest Moon". But I
would admit that it probably has to be heard a couple of times or so to
be fully appreciated (I have a tape of the studio version :-)