BOC: SLC concert review

Troy Harris tlh at RUBENS.ITS.UNIMELB.EDU.AU
Mon Jun 10 10:03:18 EDT 1996

On Mon, 10 Jun 1996, Hardman DK wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Jun 1996, M R Godwin wrote:
>
> > They opened with
> > 'Stairway to the Stars', same as first time I saw them over twenty years
> >                          ago. Next was
> > 'Dr Music'              so I didn't need to request it! Followed by:
> > O.D.'d on Life
> > Extra Terrestrial Intelligence
> > A new song by Buck which was a bit boring except for the guitar solo in a
> >                         different time (Reaper-style)
>
> For shame, for shame!!  IMHO Buck's new one, Harvest Moon, is destined to
> be something of a classic. In Goldmine Sandy Pearlman says that Buck has
> written "maybe seven songs of genius, including Harvest Moon". But I
> would admit that it probably has to be heard a couple of times or so to
> be fully appreciated (I have a tape of the studio version :-)

   You guys are KILLING ME!  You have a tape of a new BOC song?  I can't
even get the flaming "goldmine" article.  I have tried every - and I mean
every- bloody shop in Australia.  This, to us in the Aussie faction of
the BOC fc, purely sux.
   My good friend in the US, Bolle, has also told me about this article,
and the main problem that I encounter is this: Who publishes the thing.
If I can find out I may have a chance of tracking it down.  Could you
supply me with some details?  I would be eternally grateful.
   Thanx,
    Troy
   TLH at rubens.its.unimelb.edu.au