HW boring ?...

Alex S. Garcia artefact at IMAGINET.FR
Wed Jun 12 14:24:48 EDT 1996

>>                                                                So the
>> question I wanted to as you guys is : are all the HW songs like that ?
>
>Um... if I don't know which songs you heard, how can I possibly say
>whether all HW songs are "like that?" :-)

By "like that", I meant bland. That all sound alike.

>> if not what album would you recommend me for starters, one which wouldn't
>> sound all that boring, huh ? I'd really like to give the band another try...

>If you would define better what "boring" means to you, and what things *do*
>interest you, musically, I'm sure folks would be able to do a better job
>suggesting something.  You mentioned you are a prog fan (a nebulously
>defined area in itself), so maybe you would enjoy, e.g., _Hall of the
>Mountain Grill_, _Warrior on the Edge of Time_, etc.

Well, I meant by "boring" the same as above : songs that all sound alike. As
for the kind of music I listen to, well - apart from the obvious (BOC) - I
like prog bands (like Kansas, King Crimson, Marillion, Dream Theater, Styx)
and all kinds of other stuff : Pink Floyd (I don't really call them prog,
though I know some people do, but as you say : it is a nebulously defined
area in itself !), Supertramp, U2, The Police, Duran Duran (yes, you read
well !), Talk Talk, Toto... and tons of other bands, some more obscure as
well. All in all, I have rather eclectic tastes, I think. What I *don't*
like though is techno music and also the more heavier rock, like thrash,
death metal, etc... (and rap - I can't stand rap) BOC is about as hard as I
go. The only hard rock stuff I like, all things considered, are the old hard
rock bands like Led Zeppelin and Deep Purple... Does that help ?

Alex S. Garcia.

ARTEFACT EDITIONS (http://www.imaginet.fr/~artefact/index.htm)
Generation Scenario
      (la revue de l'ecriture scenaristique / the magazine of screenwriting)
      http://www.imaginet.fr/~artefact/genscen/genscen.htm