HW boring ?...

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Wed Jun 12 23:10:16 EDT 1996

Le Monsieur Damon writes:

> OK, so HW have probably covered just about every style, *if* you put the
> word "space" in front of each style.
>
> Space Metal
> Space Reggae
> Space New-Age (It Is the Business, White Zone...)
> Space Flamenco?
> Space Country?
> Space Blues (of course)
> ... next ...

Space Opera - surely!   (although I've suddenly had this terrible vision
of Hawkwind abruptly appearing on the flight deck of StarShip Enterprise
in full stage performing gear - ah no!   Might work ok in Red Dwarf
though...... )

Space Folk
Space Sonata
Space Symphony - by 'eck, that would be a show.    I bet Tchaikovsky
would have been a rock musician had he been around today.   Though on
reflection I think it's already been done - vide the Babylon 5 theme.

Nohow - I've just got hold of Hawkfan 24 and 25 and have discovered at
last what Doug Smith looks like - not at all what I expected!    Tall,
loads of hair, a beard, large glasses and a huge grin.   That was
definitely a surprise!

jill

PS.  Tickets for Langtree are priced at 7.25 pounds in advance and
10.00 pounds on the gate and there will be two stages and a dance tent.

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk