HW boring ?...

Chris Baxley Chris_Baxley at SONYMUSIC.COM
Wed Jun 12 20:56:13 EDT 1996

Chris writes:
> This punk idea is touted a lot on boc-l, I think it sucks large
> quantities of dead penguin dick. But then I always thought that
> punk was either made by brainless no-talents (Discharge anyone?)
> or was marketing hype.

I think you're operating under too narrow a definition of "punk".  To me it
describes any
form of expression which, figuratively speaking, seeks to shove an extended
middle
finger in the face of mainstream society.  In this sense, HW seems pretty punk
to me.
But I guess this also describes the history of rock in general, with each
generation
trying to outdo the previous in terms of outrageousness.

Next thing you know, you've got GG Allin hurling turds at the audience, or
Marilyn Manson
giving each other knob jobs onstage!  :-P

Chris