OFF:Jesus Saves

Guido Vacano gvacano at BEAVER.MBB.WESLEYAN.EDU
Thu Jun 13 13:21:01 EDT 1996

Alex says--

> >I can't
> >imagine why this stuff bothers Christians so much anyway.  If their
> >faith is so weak that it can be shaken by some irreverence, then
> >maybe they're barking up the wrong tree anyway.
>
> You don't get it. It's not a matter of faith being weak, but of respect. You
> should respect other people's religious beliefs and songs which "bash" on
> Christianity are not *respectful* and that's what bothers Christians.

I don't think Christians are generally TOLERANT, never mind respectful, of
the beliefs of others. They're far more interested in imposing their
beliefs on others. As for bashing Christianity, in the U.S. we still
have a Constitutionally protected right to free speech (despite the
best efforts of fanatical Christians who "know" what's best for us). If
you think a song (or book, or movie, or whatever) is offensive, don't
listen to it, read it, or watch it. Show a little respect for those who
DON'T think Christianity is the best thing since buttered toast.

Guido

--

The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao.
The Name that can be named is not the eternal Name.