DR. Music Song key?

HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM HERBERT119 at DELPHI.COM
Thu Jun 13 15:31:34 EDT 1996

On 12-JUN-1996 11:17:38.7 BOC-L said to HERBERT119
   >Guido Vacano wrote:
   >>
   >> Dave says--

   >> > A typo I presume, but true nonetheless....  :)
   >> >
   >> > BTW, did anyone read the letters page in Goldmine? Maybe this is
   >common > > knowledge, but the intro to "Stairway to Heaven" was
   >allegedly lifted fro m
   >> > a Randy California piece called Taurus on the first Spirit album.
   >> > Apparently, the liner notes to a recent Spirit anthology say that
   >RC neve r
   >> > begrudged Jimmy Page his success with StH, though ironically someone
   >> > called Little Roger faced legal action, presumably from Led Zep,
   >for his > > use of the StH melody.
   >>
   >> Reminds me of my favorite example of "lifting". The main theme of
   >"Sweet > Child in Time" by Deep Purple is exactly the same as a song
   >on It's a > Beautiful Day (can't remember the name of the song--but
   >it's the album > that has "White Bird" on it). Not sure who lifted
   >from whom. >
   >> Another example involves Renaissance and Yngwie Malmsteen, though both
   >> borrowed from a classical piece.
   >>
   >Then of course its the Doors lifting "Hello I Love You" from The Kinks'
   >"All of The Day and All of The Night"....and Ray Davies won the lawsuit.
   >Christian

Speaking of lifting: Is anyone subjected to corporate rock "alterative"
radio (or maybe some people even like band)
? Every day at work I hear this song, the verses have an acoustic
guitar riff much like "Down Through The Night" w/a girl singing over it (the
pre-chorus says something like "I'm hungry, I'm dirty..."). Anyway, it's
probably just a coincidence, but I always wonder...

Chuck
`[1;31;47mRainbow V 1.19.4 for Delphi - Test Drive