OFF: Re: Nominee for this year's Darwin Awards

Andy Cobley acobley at MIC.DUNDEE.AC.UK
Fri Jun 14 05:01:10 EDT 1996

Bryan Irby wrote:

> >         This sounds like an urban legend to me. Its amazing how
> > stories can be passed on and people believe them to be true.
> >         Any basis in fact?  Opinions anyone?
>
> Though I must acknowledge that urban legends are plentiful, I actually read
> about that JATO story a few years ago in an air force / aeronautical journal
> of some sort that an AF friend of mine had...  Though one can certainly not
> always believe everything one reads, the whole thing had an air of truth and
> authority to it,

But thats the point about true UL's they sound so true they just have to be
true, and they point out the foolishness of others.  After hearing about it
you can sit back with a smug "I would never do that" grin !

Andy C

--
Javap-uk, a uk mailbase for Java programmers
To join javap-uk send the command:
mailbase at mailbase.ac.uk