Jesus Saves (final word please !!!)

Guido Vacano gvacano at BEAVER.MBB.WESLEYAN.EDU
Sat Jun 15 07:07:39 EDT 1996

Paul says--

> On Fri, 14 Jun 1996, Guido Vacano wrote:
>
> > beer, eating the wonderful Biryani rice my wife made, listening to Palace
> > Springs. What a great album! I mean, it not only has great live versions of
> > Golden Void and Time We Left This World Today, but it's got one of my all
>
> Got to agree with "Golden Void" (that, plus the version on _Friends and
> Relations #?_ are my all-time favourite renditions of this track; totally
> blissful, transcendent versions),

That would be Friends and Relations #1 (the best of the lot, IMHO),
which also has Robot.

> but I always have to suppress my gag
> reflex every time that version of "Time We Left" makes its unwelcome
> presence felt.  I'd trade it any day of the week for the one from _Space
> Ritual, Vol. 2_ (or any other:).  Its only saving grace, IMHO, is its
> segue into a very tasty version of "Heads."  Such a pleasant feeling to
> hear it end like that... ;-)

Upon reflection, I agree. While that version of TWL doesn't make me gag,
there are certainly better ones. The segue is good. Do you serve a red or
white wine with segue? :-)

> There's no accounting for Hawkfan tastes; a wonderful diversity, to be
> sure. :-)

Indeed, a diversity which is wonderful, and baffling.

> obCD: Frank Zappa, _You Are What You Is_

Very "ob", with Teenage Wind, Charlie's Enormous Mouth, Suicide Chump,
Jumbo Go Away, and . . . others . . . (tracks 14-16) ;-)

It's a shame that the CD (even the final Ryko version) is flawed,
compared to the vinyl.

Guido

obVINYLplayer--L'oeuvre D'orgue (5) by J. S. Bach; Michel Chapuis, organ;
pressed on Virgin Vinyl on the Valois label. Now if I could only find
others in this series! :-P

"For purists, nothing can replace the particular resonance of a debut
play on new vinyl. But where the vinyl is recycled, the pressing is poor,
and the hi-fi really isn't, I'll take the CDs - for now." --Robert Fripp