HW: Michael Moorcock (was The Quest for Levitation)

dave cohen lapis at POBOX.UPENN.EDU
Sat Jun 15 22:04:01 EDT 1996

> Allan T Grohe Jr writes:
>
> > > check...) I'd like to hear those cause the stuff he wrote for BOC are among
> > > my favorite BOC tunes... and he's a damn good lyricist !
> >
> > The funny thing is, he doesn't consider himself a good poet:  he ranks
> > lyrics and his various Wheldrake short poems as fakes--not real poems.
> > I think some are rather good, though much of the printed poems are better
> > than the material he did for HW and BOC.
> >
> > Hadn't we talked about doing an MM poetry book at some point (Jill??)?
> >

> Yes - I think we did!   The question I suspect was how much we could
> disentangle as being definitely Moorcock from contamination by others.
> And is some of his stuff still only on tapes - or are all his Hawkwind
> contributions now officially issued?    Curse of Man is his isn't it?
>
> Maybe we should just ask him direct.....
>
> jill
        curse of man is definitely MM, and there are still some
        poems that have yet to make it to release on cd (that i've
        ever seen at any rate, tho if they're floating about on a
        phillipines/albanian/insert unlikely country of origin...)

        here's my list of MM songs/poems--(an abridged one alas)
        **deep fix**
        candy floss cowboy
        fair dealer
        sixteen year old doom
        dude's dream
        dodgem dude
        star cruiser
        brothel in rosenstrasse
        good girl bad girl
        another quiet day in auschwitz

        **HW**
        black corridor
        chances lost/lost chances
        choose your masques
        chronicle of the black sword
        coded languages
        curse of man
        dead god's hoomecoming
        dragon song
        earth ritual (tape only)
        the final flight
        joker of the universe (tape only)
        kings of speed
        my armours killing me/armour for everyday
        note from a cold planet(tape only)
        psychosonia
        running through the back brain
        sleep of a thousand tears
        sonic attack
        the timeship will not sail (tape only)
        warrior on the edge of time
        warriors
        standing at the edge
        the wizard blew his horn

        **BOC**
        great sun jester
        black blade
        vetran of a thousand psychic wars

        plus songs for glorianna+entropy tango

        plus the wheldrake pieces
        plus For Thomas Tompion in the New SF

        and since someone was going to ask...

        For Thomas Tompion
        'Look how evolved the engines are
        in Allexandre and in Fess...'
        Brazen embellishments do not mar
        the precious instruments reminding me of death.

        copyright Michael Moorcock 1969

        and BTW if someone has a HW boot with note from a cold planet
        i would be quite interested in trading, please email me directly

        ok, now who wants to approach MM about a small edition of
        his poetry??

        --dave