ADMIN: Archives available through WWW

Paul Mather paul at CSGRAD.CS.VT.EDU
Mon Jun 17 12:20:17 EDT 1996

On Sun, 16 Jun 1996, Ben Cohen wrote:

> Yes, it's come to pass... The BOC-L mail archives (going back to when we
> moved from the VMS mailing list to LISTSERV in late August 1995) are now
> on-line and available through WWW. The URL which takes you right to the
> message archive is:
>
>         http://listserv.spc.edu/archives/boc-l.html
>
> Please note that searching is not yet working, but everything else appears
> to be in good shape.

I just checked this out.  Even without the search feature, it's pretty
neat, as it allows a threaded perusal of the BOC-L traffic (threaded on
author or subject).  Plus, it's updated in real-time.  In fact, I saw a
posting on there that hadn't even made it to my mailbox yet!  I guess
this would be one way to keep up with the list for those people who dislike
the volume of e-mail it sometimes generates: set your subscription to
NOMAIL (so you can still post), but read it via the WWW archive...

Cheers,

Paul.

obCD: Various, _Our Band Could Be Your Life_

e-mail: paul at csgrad.cs.vt.edu                    A stranger in a strange land.