HW : HLL or not?

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Thu Jun 20 13:04:49 EDT 1996

In message <199606201426.PAA24063 at easynet.co.uk>,
gingoblin at EASYNET.CO.UK writes

>Ha, I'm getting reminded of more HLL tracks that I really like all the time!
>This is doing my case no good at all! Oops, just remembered "Sea King" too,
>another one I really like!! In fact, I think I like most of his HW stuff!
>Again though, I think he brought a more straight-forward "rock" approach to
>the band. I much prefer the more "spacey" side they've been into of late. My
>least favourite HW gig was Acid Daze in '87, which I think summed up the
>"too much rawk" sorta thing,

But weren't the Damned / Naz Nomad *fantastic* that night! That's the
only time i've ever seen a drum kit on fire! In the supertent as well.
And Rat was still playing!

I remember the sound was pretty sludgy that night. And the kick-drum was
so loud it hit you in the throat, which was kinda fun at first but after
a while I had to move back a bit..Yikes!
--
Jon Browne