BOC : The Goldmine Story

Mon Jun 24 09:31:08 EDT 1996

Alex -

I agree with your comments about the article.  It would have been interesting
to hear about BOC's involvement with Moorcock and also the Bad Channels
movie.  I suppose to delve into every nook and cranny would make the article
much longer than it already was.  I think especially the Bad Channels stuff
should have had more mention - but the article was pretty brief on the band's
doings in the 1990's.  As for Moorcock, well, I didn't find it "Heresy" to
not mention him, but certainly he deserved mention - the lyrics I believe
were written by him (although they were edited to fit the song).  I'm not sure
if the quote that it's "one of Eric's best songs" is actually referring to
Bloom's song-writing abilities as much as it probably refers to his singing.

I was also surprised that "Godzilla" was not mentioned more fully (it happens
to be the very song that got me personally hooked on BOC).  Perhaps Steve
Roeser is not a big fan of the song -- I know Bolle refers to the section
of BOC shows when they play the "Big 3" as his "P break" (and he says you
can interpret that as you will).  But, yeah, I thought they'd cover that
song, not to mention the drum solos, masks, and 20-ft models that used to
accompany the playing of that song (well, the drum solos are still there).

John