HW: Brixton, Brentwood and onwards

M Holmes fofp at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Tue Jun 25 14:41:00 EDT 1996

Someone under the command of Space Aliens scribed:

> We now know what the BOC-L hawks do with their days: crash in ther own
> beer spill.

Hey!! *I* don't spill beer. *I'm* Scottish!

ObAnecdote: Liverpool Worldcon. Distracted by a passing young lady, I
tripped over a short flight of three stairs. I knew my ankle was
massively sprained within half a second and concentrated on landing
correctly. I managed to twist and land on one side with my hand held out
in front of me. That hand of course held my pint and the pint remained
intact.

This was lucky since the pain hit immediately, necessitating a long
draught from aforementioned pint.

Peeve: The young lady in question was a nurse and immediately
confiscated my pint making some spurious claim about coming to my aid.

BonusPeeve: I was too pissed to go to hospital and fell asleep before
ice-packing my ankle. The damn thing took 6 months to heal and buggered
up the end of a ski season.

This whole debauchery thing surely Isn't So Easy.

FoFP