AB on BOC-L vs. AOL

Carl E. Anderson cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK
Wed Jun 26 20:31:55 EDT 1996

> However, I am not (yet) on AOL.  SOme people on this list seem to think that
> because I stand up for Buck & Eric that I am on AOL.  Not so.

        Hey, I stick up for the current BOC!  I've admited to liking
Eric's vocals on a lot of songs, and of course classify Buck as a
Guitar God!
        Credit where credit is due, and criticism where critcism is
due.  I'll give 'em hell for not getting new material out and for
foolishly letting the Bouchard Bros. slip away.  And whatever the
hassles are with that and _Imaginos_ and everything is not really
my business.  As a fan, I'm giving them hell only for their
missed/lost opportunities (as I see them).

        They start producing new albums and I'll complain less. :)
        For me, there are two side to a musical artist--performer and
human being.  I dunno the guys in BOC even so well as the little bit
I know Al & Deb, so I'm in no position to judge them as people.
        But I _will_ judge them as performers :) since that's what
part of being a serious fan is about IMHO.

Cheers,
Carl

Carl Edlund Anderson                           "So that's Terra.  Oohwee,
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                             look out wenchlings, here
http://wjh-www.harvard.edu/~canders/hem.html    come the Hawklords."
cea20 at cus.cam.ac.uk                                -Lord Lemmy (Hawkwind)