OFF: The 20-minuters

bart bart at AEOLIANS.BT.CO.UK
Fri Mar 1 11:46:29 EST 1996

> >> '90's listener as their first introduction to the band?
> >>                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >        Any band who can string a song out for twenty minutes (esp.
> >Brainstorm!) will get a sympathetic hearing from me!
>
> Such open-ended statements.  I suppose you'll get out your
> sympathetic hearings for:
>
> Pink Floyd - "Echoes", 23.31  minutes
> Arlo Guthrie - "Alice's Resteraunt", about 20 minutes,
> M. Python  - "I like traffic lights", about 15 minutes before I shot the thing

Have to plug a few of my faves here :

- Young Gods "Summer Eyes"
- Fates Warning "Ivory Gate of Dreams"
- Fleetwood Mac "Rattlesnake Shake" (live)

Less helpfully :)

- Most tracks on Allman Brothers _The Fillimore Concerts_ or any live stuff
  from the Grateful Dead
- any Orb single

Tim

wishing Kyuss had done a 20 minute track before they split