Desdinova

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Wed Mar 6 16:33:50 EST 1996

>A friend of mine looked up desdinova - found it to be a corruption (of course)
>of the Latin phrase Dais De Nova which translate to "a new day"  I'm not sure
>about the accuracy of the Latin spelling, but it's close enough.

Now that makes much more sense.  Hmmm Dais... With a bit of manipulation,
you could sub in "Deus de nova",  or "a new god"...  and Pearlman wrote that
when Jack Kirby's "fourth world" new gods series was coming out...  hmmmm
nah, I don't think so.  They were far to benevolent (with one exception) to
be what Pearlman had in mind...

Still, "a new god" kinda fits nicely with an ascension theme... (even
Flaming Telepaths?)
Andrew A. Apold, aka                        "I was corrupt before I had power!"
Roger Shrubstaff                                 - Random, upon being accused
Chancellor                                            of being corrupted since
Barony of Silverwater                             becoming King....
Kingdom of the Burning Lands                (Roger Zelazny, d. 1995)