OFF: Here & Now

Jon Browne Jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Fri Mar 8 06:23:41 EST 1996

> Does anyone have any info on Sharpstring's band-Here and Now?

  Well, they're still gigging etc. The most recent album, the unfortunatly named
"UFOasis" came out several months ago after being in Limbo for nearly two years.
Line-up these days is :
Steffy : Guitar and Vocals
Keith Da Missile : Bass And Vocals
Andy Roid : Keys
Steve Cassidy : Drums and Percussion

The sound is _a lot_ smoother these days. Anyone interested in this band should
start with Give & Take (imagine a punk Gong!) then Floating Anarchy '77 then
perhaps the recent LP. Fantasy Shift is worth a mention,  too.

It has to be said, Gavin Da Blitz the long-time keyboard player, is very
missed. He's sold his DX7 and is now driving a truck. (He's happy though!)
Other guitarist Dino Ferrari is now in NERVOUS with Bill Drake from CARDIACS. I
haven't heard them so I can't say what they're like. I nearly staggered over to
their set at the last Phoenix Festival but it was the other end of site and I
kept bumping into people I knew, and falling over people I didn't etc...

--
Jon Browne                     They Walk Among Us.
      http://www.demon.co.uk/comicshop/