OFF : Cheesefoot Festival

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Wed Mar 13 09:57:14 EST 1996

The 1st Cheesefoot Head Festival, dubbed an alternative to Glastonbury
will take place June 28-30 and is expected to attract 50,000 people.

Acts confirmed are FOO FIGHTERS, RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS, PULP and BLACK
GRAPE. Tickets around 60 (!)

Six stages, 24 hour "Babylon" style Glasto-city....look, do you want me
to post the whole thing or is this enough?

PHOENIX on the other hand has BOWIE, NIEL YOUNG, BJORK and the SEX
PISTOLS!

But then I never seem to see any bands at festivals 'coz I'm usually
drinking tea somewhere. Except at Stonehenge, but then you had the best
part of a month to crawl over to the stage plus the Hawks would play for
so long it was very hard *not* to catch a few hours of the set. ;>

--
Jon Browne