HW: Love in Space on White Zone

Michael P Mccollum mccolmp at MAIL.AUBURN.EDU
Fri Mar 15 11:48:42 EST 1996

On Fri, 15 Mar 1996, cjohnson wrote:

>        "Love in Space" was the extra song on the vinyl release of what,
>        the "Alien (Roswell Edit)" single, wasn't it?  I may have the vinyl
>        wrong, but I also noticed that "Love in Space" is the last song on
>        'Psy.Warlords: White Zone'.  Has anybody with both items happened
>        to compare these two versions?  Are they significantly different
>        from each other, or (preferably) suitably similar to each other?
>
>        I understand that "Love in Space" will likely make an appearance on
>        the upcoming live HW release, given its appearance on the recent
>        tour set list.
>
>        Has anybody else thought that the purpose behind releasing 'White
>        Zone' was to have a sampler of the most famous artists (at that
>        time) from the EBS label?  I mean, you have a HW song, two Dave
>        Brock solo songs, one Richard Chadwick solo song, and probably an
>        Alan Davey solo song(s) (we won't know until we see his eventual
>        release).  The only thing they didn't do is emphasize the words
>        "Sampler", "Collection", or "Hawkwind" -- all of which I'd expect
>        from a run-of-the-mill label sampler.
>
>        Just some stray thots...
>
>        Captain Cloud
>        cjohnson at sur1a.hpsc.hisd.harris.com

i thought the bonus track was called "space sex?"
the hawks - on their us tour considered white zone their -ambient/techno
project when someone asked about it - i took this to mean that it was
just a fun kind of diversion from straight hawkwind stuff -i've been
getting into it lately and think it holds it's own compared to the top
artists in that genre - it certainly kicks the shit out of most of whats
out there.

mike psyche

-ob whitezone track- windowpane- when it kicks it at the end is pure
bliss to my psybernetic brain.