HW: Comic book expose'

Duane Hoyt aa5287 at FREENET.LORAIN.OBERLIN.EDU
Tue Mar 19 17:44:56 EST 1996

>Well, it seems that the address for The Antigravity Room didn't work, so
>we won't be having our wonderful little expose' about Hawkwind and the
>sci-fi/comicbook connection.  Oh well.
>
>Damon

I also recieved my post to them as returned. I will double check the
email adress, but I am quite sure that I got it right.
I am also looking for an email adress for the sci-fi channel itself,
and I will begin lobbying them to do some shows on spacerock, and
obviously, if your gonna cover spacerock, HW MUST be included.

Duane
Hello,

My name is Duane Hoyt. I am 38 years old.
I was watching the show Antigravity Room yesterday, and I want to
tell you it is a very good show. I know it is geared toward a younger
audience, but, but I find it enjoyable also.

The last show I watched, you did a story on comics and you said you would
like to know which rock bands would make good comic characters.
I can name the absolute best band for this, and to make it better, they
have already done this. The band is called Hawkwind. They are a band
that invented " spacerock" .( The subject of Spacerock would make a very
interesting show! )
They have been around for over 25 years and recently released a cd entitled
Alien4. It deals with being abducted by Aliens.
They have always dealt with the subject of sci-fi.
Anyway, back to the comics. They had a comic book made of them as a band
of Psychedelic Warlords.
As a sci-fi fan, it is no surprise my favorite music is sc-fi oriented.
I think many of the watchers of your show are also interested in this
subject, but as spacerock gets very little if not any promotion, it is
not easy to find information on bands in this genre of music.
There are many bands out there today doing this style of music, and the bands
doing it need a way to get more attention into this area of music.
As the Sci-Fi channel, you would be doing a service to your viewers to promote
this area of the entertainment field.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. I am very happy with your channel,
as I just recently started getting it, after hounding the cable company
for over 2 years.
I live in Sheffield Lake, Ohio
I have Continental Cablevision.

Duane Hoyt