HW: Remasters

Jon Browne jon at COMICS.DEMON.CO.UK
Fri Mar 22 12:03:46 EST 1996

Well waddaya know! The new track on HAWKWIND was a cover of Pink Floyd's
Cymbaline.

So far I've checked out DOREMI and MOUNTAIN GRILL.

The previously unreleased version of EJECTION was surprisingly enough
one I haven't heard before. I'll bet plenty of you have though. The
vocals are double tracked. Sound familiar?

Doremi will probably bring tears to your eyes, it's so good. I wasn't
expecting the re-mastering to make a lot of difference but to my ears
it's *astounding*.

The synth at the beginning of Psychedelic Warlords just sounded soooo
(fumbles for the right word) amazing (fails miserably).

The packaging is fantastic - really fantastic. Loads of new pictures,
extensive sleeve notes, tour posters etc. I'm really blown away at the
work put into a project they know won't sell particularly. My mate,
who's a salesman for EMI says they've been ordered in binary (0 or 1) by
most shops. His biggest order came from a Mail Order house who ordered
20 of each. Same co. ordered 2,000 Anthology 2 by The Beatles.

The upshot of this was they were expensive. Usually I can trade books or
comics for my CD's but I had to part vwith a couple of Primo books for
these beauties. But I'm really, really pleased. They are worth the extra
cash.

I'm looking foward to some discussions on these releases

--
Jon Browne

New Stack. No sig.