HW: Remasters

Stephen Lindsey stephen at SPATIAL.UNISYS.COM
Fri Mar 22 13:52:45 EST 1996

Excellent work Jon,

thanks for posting this, I know a lot of us are waiting for the info.

Hope you don't mind answering some questions ????

> The previously unreleased version of EJECTION was surprisingly enough
> one I haven't heard before. I'll bet plenty of you have though. The
> vocals are double tracked. Sound familiar?

Hmm well not to me. This is allegedly from the Capn Lockheed sessions ?

> Doremi will probably bring tears to your eyes, it's so good. I wasn't
> expecting the re-mastering to make a lot of difference but to my ears
> it's *astounding*.
>
> The synth at the beginning of Psychedelic Warlords just sounded soooo
> (fumbles for the right word) amazing (fails miserably).
> New Stack. No sig.

So lets be sure what you're comparing with here, you're saying that
Mountain Grill and DoReMI are both significantly better (sound quality wise)
than the previous CD (and vinyl ?) versions.  This does almost
seem to much to hope for, but pray god its true ???  Care to comment
how much (eg crystal clear ? somewhat less murky ? didn't sound like
it was recorded at the bottom of a swamp ???)

Cheers,
Steve L.