Totally OFF: Comet and Dream

J Strobridge eset08 at CASTLE.ED.AC.UK
Sun Mar 24 20:03:49 EST 1996

Johan Edlundh writes:

> Hi,
> Saturday night I had a sauna session with some friends, and was (almost)
> naked out in the snow and the chilly night. We saw the comet in the
> starlight sky, no problem to see it with bare, but slightly dizzy eyes. It
> was a mighty feeling, but the winter become mightier - and we returned
> inside to the hot sauna.
>
> Later at night I dreamt I found the Hawkfan 12 vinyl, and I traded it for
> almost nothing. I didn't know Hawkfan 12 was a pic disc. Weird.

Really??!

Dunno what was in your sauna but watching this comet must surely make
you see strange things (sort of the reverse of Day of the Triffids I
guess...).    Well, given that the wind is still from the east then the
fact that you've got clear skies is GOOD news - so when does this grey
gunk finally clear away from the UK..... Please!

Sadly the only pic on Hawkfan 12 is a somewhat crude blue-pen drawing on
the virulent yellow sleeve of the album itself - although the warrior in
armour drawing on the back is rather better artistically.   But warning
- don't pay large sums of money just for the album - the whole thing
should come as a package together with lyrics insert, a poster in the
form of a year calendar and a white plastic bag with a Hawkwind logo to
keep everything in.

jill
J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at castle.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk