HW: WotEoT Remastered?

Stephen Lindsey stephen at SPATIAL.UNISYS.COM
Wed Mar 27 14:24:55 EST 1996

Craig says:

As far as Griffin remastering it, I suspect that they did not. My assumption
comes from the fact that during the middle of the Great Tangerine Dream
Virgin Catalog Remastering Effort, two titles appeared on Griffin in the
US (Cyclone and Force Majeure). Neither benefited from remastering
(according to those who did an A/B of the originals to the Griffin CD's)
and had completely different (and markedly inferior) artwork (generic
desert photography). Not having seen the current Griffin release (but
owning a copy of the box release from many moons ago), I suspect that this
is just a re-release, sans box & book.

Well reopening an old story here, I have the Atco & Griffin versions
and have in the past claimed that the Griffin was superior, I don't recall
anyone ever agreeing or disagreeing, until a few months back I remember
someone said:

"Hey I bought the Griffin version and its no better than my Atco version,
        which one of you said it was better ?"

At which point I did the noble thing and ran to hide in a corner.

So is this just a subjective thing ? is the difference there but subtle ?
is there more than one version of the Griffin  ? (mine *is* the box set
version).  OK, OK I'll try and relisten to them side by side again.

Cheers,
Steve L.