HW: everything there is to know

Frank Weil frankw at COMM.MOT.COM
Thu Mar 28 16:30:48 EST 1996

Stier, Christopher wrote:
> Wow, great reading material.  Looking forward to see this new FAQ develop.
>  Anyone think of gathering all this stuff together in sort of a 'Hawkbase'
> publication sort of like the 'Deadbase' thing the Deadheads use?  The
> 'everytime a song was played' section would be useful to weed out those
> incorrectly labeled tapes, although a huge undertaking.

I have the song database based on the tape list that Bernhard Pospiech
sent out in February.  The list is sorted by song and gives all the
dates and venues for each song.  The final list has 8760 lines and is
over 430K in size.

I have been meaning to get in touch with Bernhard to send him some
corrections to his list (mistyped names, etc.), but I have been rather
busier than anticipated.  Since the list is so large, I didn't just
post it.  If people are interested, I could break it into pieces and
post it that way.  Alternately, I could send the list back to Bernhard
so he can keep it in sync with his tape list.  Translating Bernhard's
tape list into my song list required lots of Emacs hacking, a Perl
script, a few Unix commands, and a bit of hand tweaking to recover
from inconsistencies.  Sending out scripts to do the conversion would
not be practical at this time.

Let me know what people want to see.

Any thoughts, Bernhard?

Frank