HW: everything there is to know

Keith A Henderson khenders at MAGNUS.ACS.OHIO-STATE.EDU
Thu Mar 28 19:37:28 EST 1996

Most of these interesting tidbits from Andrew deleted.....

except....

> *Space Bandits*
>
> Black Elk Speaks - Black Elk, of the Oglala Sioux, was a survivor of the
> massacre at Wounded Knee.  In the 1930's, anthropologist John G Neihardt
> interviewed Black Elk at length, and recorded his testimony in a book
> entitled, "Black Elk Speaks".  The vocal track is a recording made by
> Neihardt.

You should mention that this first appeared in the Hawkwind Log from ISoS, in a
slightly different form.  That is where I discovered that 'Hetchetu Aloh' or
whatever was not something I was *supposed* to understand as English.

Lots of interesting things here, not all of which I knew.

BTW, what has become of the Mountain Grill??  Anybody been there recently?
When I was there in 1986, it was "George's Fish Bar"?  I have the photo to
prove it, now autographed by one Dave Brock.

Just wondering...Keith H.