OFF: New Porky Tree.....

J Strobridge eset08 at TATTOO.ED.AC.UK
Wed May 1 18:01:14 EDT 1996

Keith A Henderson writes:

> > What's the name of the new album, and when should we expect it??
>
> It's called 'Signify' and will be out in August on Delerium (I guess UK only
> for the moment).  The single seems a bit early doesn't it??

the single is prob being released to coincide with the tour.
Apparently my local Independent trader had them but has now sold out.
More due in tomorrow.   It's been released in both vinyl and CD format.

The US version of Sky Moves Sideways is muchly superior to the UK
because it has both Stars Die and Moonloop on it - get this in
preference if you have a choice.

There's also a Porcupine Tree Newsletter.   Currently the 2nd issue has
just been produced and if anyone is interested I can give them an address
to write to.

> I also found the PT tour dates for the UK (May)....starts tomorrow!!
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> Edinburgh Venue (2nd)

yep!   Here's hoping for a good show.

jill

obHawkwindcontent> none - sorry!
obweathercontent> it's snowing

> > I think Marillion started out this way also, with a flood of
> > EP's and singles before they got a steady record deal with EMI.

Were these not released by EMI?   I think they spent the first several
releases just catching up with all their favourite live tracks but I
could be misremembering.

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at tattoo.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk