off:Sykes

Ted O. Jackson TOJACKSO at HAWK.SYR.EDU
Mon May 6 11:56:51 EDT 1996

Steve writes:

> > I've seen Sykes with both Thin Lizzy and Whitesnake and couoldn't agree more
> > with everything Gordon says. Just to add that IMO Sykes first solo album 'Blue
> > Murder' is probably the best thing he's ever done. Classic rock music that
> > really shows how good he is. A great album. If you like BOC then chances
> > are you'll like this album. The second Blue Murder album is IMO no where near
>
> Solo album?  Wasn't Blue Murder a kind of semi-supergroup, with
> Carmine Apice on drums?  :-)
>
> Steve

Yeah, and don't forget Tony Franklin on bass.  He and Carmine are a
great rhythm section.  Carmine's like the Energizer rabbit, been
rockin' since the 60s, and still one of the best drummers in the biz.
 Tony's played with everyone, and he's an amazing bassist, esp. on
fretless...
theo

New and noteworthy:  Richard Thompson, You? Me? Us?