Other: Big Buck CD Players

Douglas A Mitchell DwnTheMtn at AOL.COM
Fri May 17 17:36:47 EDT 1996

Steve:

I *promise* that this will be my last post on this one... =)

>This is *wildly* off topic, but buried somewhere in the depths of my
>collection, I still have the infamous Audio "Best of '88" issue, where
>demonstrated the sturdiness of a "home audio" (yeah, if your last name
>is Rockefeller) amplifier by using it to arc-weld 2 pices of steel
>together.  ;-)

As long as those filter caps are big enough, go for it.

>Also in that iss were those $65,000/pair Infinity "home" speakers that
>Infinity will *only* custom install.  And yes, the Audio team saw fit
>to point out certain deficiencies in their sound, which would make
>them unable to *really* satisfy the true audiophile.  ;-)

Having worked "in the industry" for a couple years, this brings
back humorous memories.  All true audiophiles seek the grail,
the sound that only the Almighty himself (choose one) can create.
Wonder what kind or rack the Big Guy's got?  =)

"The Snowman"           _?_     Tuned in to life's essentials...
Douglas A. Mitchell        I         Skiing, Backpacking, & the
                                                mighty Blue Oyster Cult!
Home:  dwnthemtn at aol.com
Office:  dmitch at microscan.com         WE UNDERSTAND...

"They're OK the last days of May, but I'll be breathin' dry air,
I'm leaving soon, the others are already there...Wouldn't be
interested in coming along, instead of staying here?  It said
the West is nice this time of year, that's what they say."

                                       --- Donald 'Buck Dharma' Roeser