HW: LIS tracklist (was: news bits...)

Le Monsieur Damon dcapehar at UTDALLAS.EDU
Tue May 21 01:54:49 EDT 1996

On Mon, 20 May 1996, Andy Gilham wrote (with numbers and asterisks added
by me):
> disc 1:                               disc 2:
> *1) abducted                          *1) xenomorph
>  2) death trap                        *2) vega
> *3) wastelands                        *3) love in space
> *4) are you losing your mind?         *4) kapal
> *5) photo encounter                    5) elfin
> *6) blue skin                          6) silver machine
> *7) sputnik stan                       7) welcome
>  8) robot                              8) assassins
> *9) alien i am

QUESTION (since I still don't want to shell out for the import and I
therefore cannot find out for myself):  How many and which tracks from
Alien did they *not* play?

Out of 17 tracks total, only 6 tracks (that's 35.3%) on Love In Space are
*not* from Alien (the asterisks indicate Alien tracks, you figure).  Does
that not annoy the heck out of most of you?

And the choices for those songs - the original choices for what they
decided to play live in the first place, I guess - aren't that good
either.  OK, "Death Trap" and "Robot" are good choices, and I'm guessing
"Elfin" is from Alan's forthcoming album.  But we already have, um, how
many live versions of "Silver Machine" available?  10 at least, including
Nik's versions.  And "Welcome"?  Almost as many, I'm guessing.  I don't
have Godwin's song list with me, so I can't tell you exactly.  From what
I hear, neither can he. :)

The "Assassins" I can deal with, I guess, since we only have around 5 or
6 versions of that floating around so far.

At any rate, it seems I'll be buying Love In Space before I buy Alien; in
fact, I may not buy Alien at all if there are only a couple of tracks not
on LIS.

Damon Capehart          | "We ought to abolish the semicolon; nobody uses
aka Le Monsieur         |  them anymore anyway."
dcapehar at utdallas.edu   |    -- one of Dilbert's anonymous coworkers