OFF: Ziggy=Jimi?

Jerry stayer at PI.NET
Tue May 28 20:32:03 EDT 1996

Duane,

>3.  He came on so loaded man, well hung and snow white tan
>    known to arrive and play in a wasted state, well hung being a reference
>    to the old sterotype of blacks being more generously endowed, and snow
>    white tan would refer to the fact that Jimi played what was considered
>    be "white" music while he was of darker or "tanned" skin.

I thought 'loaded' could also mean to have a lot of money, or a lot of
talent. But since English is not my first language I could be very wrong.

'Well hung' - the Plaster Casters had a lot of fun creating their portrait of
Jimi's dick. It's not only the stereotype. They (Plaster Casters: Cynthia and
Diane) wrote:

        "We need a ratio 28:28 (a much larger than normal amount of mix) and
found this just barely sifficient. He has got just about the biggest rig I've
ever seen! We had to plunge him through the entire depth of the vase... We
got a beautiful mould. He even kept his hard for the entire minute. He got
stuck, however, for about fifteen minutes, but he was an excellent sport -
didn't panic... I believe the reason we couldn't get his rig out was that it
wouldn't GET SOFT!"

Somewhere else I read that a musician (forgot his name) entered the Plaster
Caster exhibition, saw the Hendrix mould, looked at it, and left.

'Well hung' - couldn't that say something about the guitar, hanging from his
shoulders as well?

Snow white tan' - drugs, /the/ white Stratocaster?

>5.  Then we were Ziggy's band - Jimi became larger than the Experience, and
>    then left them behind for his Band of Gypsies.

Could also mean the growing group of people he invited to the studio. Take a
look at the list of guest musicians on Electric Ladyland, for example.
At the end of his life, he expressed the wish to leave behing the trio
format. He wanted to create more music than play - rather conducting a very
large group of musicians.

>I guess it's spacerock
>related, Spiders from Mars, Starman and all :-)

Is it prohibited to have some OFF discussion?

You forgot another argument in favour of your theory, your sig:
        >"There's a Starman waiting in the sky,
        > he'd like to come and meet us,
        > but he thinks he'd blow our minds."
Jimi said something like people raising him, although he was mereley a
messenger. Many did not understand the message he had - 'blowing our minds'.

I like your theory. I'll have a close look at Bowie's lyrics. Your arguments
are all in favour of the theory. Any cons?

CU,
Jerry