HW: Opal Butterfly/Sam Gopal's Dream

David Evans djve at DEAKIN.EDU.AU
Tue Nov 19 07:08:59 EST 1996

Obviously many people have. Peter Frahms "Rock Family Trees" has a
good quick summary of early stuff.

Quick summary from above tome:

Rockin' Vickers: '65-67. Lemmy on two non-hit CBS singles.

Sam Gopal's Dream: 68-69. Full entry reads "Released one album".

Opal Butterfly: 4 months of 1970.

While I loved his stuff in HW I saw Motorhead in Brisbane in Oz.
I was a skinny (late) teen in Brisbane in the 80's.  In a half crowded
room of bikers with the odd and a few people in suits I was a loner with
an old HW tee-shirt.

The music was so loud that every thing was distorted. The band drowned
Lemmy's voice. It was hot and the crowd flat.

What a downer. If I wasn't so straight I would have considered drugs.

David Evans