BOC - What kind of Reaper version?

Fri Nov 22 13:16:03 EST 1996

Martin writes:

>I've been trying to get my hands on a twelve inch of Astronomy (single from
Imaginos version) and I know that there's a version of DFTR on it. Is this
version like Astronomy a re-recording or is it the old single version of '76?
Not that it really matters because I want to get my ears to the 'Wild Mix' of
Astronomy, but it woul dbe nice to get a new version of the Reaper.

Well, first of all, I suspect that it's the '76 version.  I've got a UK
CD single of "Astronomy" and that version of "(Don't Fear) The Reaper"
is the *Agents Of Fortune* version.

According to my info, though, the "Astronomy" single with the "Wild Mix"
is a single with "Magna of Illusion", and does NOT have "The Reaper" on
it.  There were *2* 12" singles of "Astronomy" released, both in the UK.
One has the album (Imaginos) version of "Astronomy", "Magna of Illusion",
and "The Reaper" (this also came out on a UK CD single, which I have).
The other version has "Astronomy - wild mix" (with and without the
Stephen King intro), and "Magna of Illusion".

Personally, I've never heard the "wild mix" released by CBS.  I've been
told it has more of Albert's original vocals.

John