HW: what I finally bought...

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Wed Oct 2 19:39:17 EDT 1996

>I asked you guys which HW'CDs would be best for a newbie like me and I think
>you suggested allmost every HW album...
>So I ordered "In Search of", "Hall of" and "Levitation"... I already had
>"Roadhawks", "Friends..." and "Love In Space".
>
>I think "Hall of..." ROCKS HARD!!! :-)
>And "In Search of Space" has some fine moments, (it's that kind of album you
>know will start to "grow" and get better and better the more you're
>listening to it). :-)
>
>But Levitation... where's the BOC-connection you were talking about... and
>it sounds like Sting is singing (BURR, huvaligen, hemska tanke!)... :-(
>How to do to enjoy this one too?
>Play it backwards and smoke some pot maybe?
>
>                -Daniel
>
>PS "Urban Guerilla" is still the best HW song I've heard -so what will I
>have to buy next? DS

Based on your preferences I can gather from your message, I think
that there is no doubt 'Church of Hawkwind' is where you should go
next.

whoops.  heh.  sorry.   While a fine album, it is further in the direction
of Levitation.   Hmm, I dunno.   Space Ritual, since you don't seem
to have it on there.    Perhaps 'Warrior' and 'Quark' would be good
bridges to get you from Hall to Levitation.    If you want a BOC connection,
'Chronicle of the Black Sword'  & 'Live Chronicles' have plenty, since
there's the Moorcock bridge (and 'Black Blade' would fit right in), as well
as... lessee, there was a song on there that Moorcock wrote the lyrics
for BOC, they didn't use it and it ended up on Live Chronicles I think.
But get ready for a drop-off in the quality of Drums from Levitation...
Roger Shrubstaff               "I was corrupt before I had power!" - Random

Baron of Silverwater
Barony of Silverwater
Kingdom of the Burning Lands
http://www.magg.net/~mordru/silver.htm