HW US TOUR 97

SKARSOL skarsol at EROLS.COM
Sat Oct 5 07:48:04 EDT 1996

Hawkwind wrote:

> >THIS MAY BE TRUE,BECAUSE DOUG DOESNT SEEM TO GET HIS MESSAGES.
> >DALE,YOU ARE, HOWEVER,NOT THE ONLY CONNECTION ON THE PLANET.SUCH CLAIMS ARE
> OBNOXIOUS
> >AND LAUGHABLE.
> >I AM OFFERING GENUINE ASSISTANCE HERE.MY CONTACT HAS BEEN WAITING FOR A
> RESPONSE.
> >IF THE HELP IS NOT DESIRED THE MANAGEMENT CAN LET ME KNOW,AND I WILL STOP
> MY EFFORTS.
> >AND ANYONE WHO CLAIMS MY WORD IS HEARSAY,  PISS OFF.

> me he hasn't been contacted, who am I to dispute that since he would know
> better than I. There is no 'office bimbo' and I'm sure that if the intention
> to set up HW gigs in the US was put forward clearly, it would not be ignored
> since this is what they have been looking to do for ages. This is the
> problem of going through two or more people, no-one really knows what's been
> said, who's been phoned, what messages were left and what follow up action
> was needed.

ron's definition of office bimbo:any person who answers the phone when you call
an office,and is unable to provide any assistance whatsoever,and when you call back
you get the telephone equivalent of a dumblook and shrug.the woman who answered the
phone-i dont know who she is... gave no answer of any use to my friend who called
>at my request< (he has doug's numbers,and i didnt feel right to ask him for them,and he is probably reading this now..)

> I was also asked to relay that if anyone  wants to get a message to DS from
> this list or via the web,  and be sure that he gets it, the best way is to
> go through this address - and that's all that was meant!!!!.  I speak to
> Doug very often and call him if anything of importance comes through.

uh,so i've heard.

> I've also had tons of offers of help and can't get back to everyone.
> Although there have been lots of messages stating good intentions, there has
> been no DEFINITE plans sent through to me or the band.

like i stated before,i have a friend with his own record store and label,who is
definitely interested in setting up the philly area.he can set up a gig any size
from a back yard to an auditorium,and wants to know what the band wants for playing,
what kind of audience they are looking for,possible time-frame,and how they want to be
promoted.
> By DEFINITE offers, we mean plans that detail the venue, promotion,
> accomodation, travel arrangements and contract details. These plans don't
> have to be finalized, but a serious attempt to set up ANY gig would all have
> these things listed. Anyone that has requested the sort of info needed to
> set up these gigs have been sent it, but no-one has followed up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------this information was requested from you,by me,at the time the discussion first began
some months ago.i'm waiting.....
when i get this information,then things might happen.BTW-i may be dirt-poor,
but have offered to donate cash,and or service to the band in any capacity.
i dont know doug smith from adam,but am well aquainted with the members of
the band,and perhaps owe them a few favors.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------> We have had a few contacts that also haven't been forgotten and will be
> contacted when it actually looks as though the band will be coming over to
> the US. It's no good calling everyone up if the band can't actually go for
> some other reason.
>
> So, if you have a contact that is ready to go, send through a contact
> name/phone/fax number and it WILL be passed on to DS immediatly!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------as far as my reaction to yer first post goes,re-read it yerself and think about how it
sounded.i know i am not alone in the way i percieved it,as i have been contacted
privately by some fellow listmembers who felt the same way.

so now that i have contacted you,im sure all of this will find its way to doug's
desk,neh?

      rj

CAPTURED ROTATION: F---ING INCREDIBLE!