HW: Hawkwind

Max Wilcox s333271 at STUDENT.UQ.EDU.AU
Sun Oct 6 01:28:03 EDT 1996

> i think one of the major differences tween early hw and floyd was
> the fact that pinkfloyd had top o the line equiptment,and backing,
> while hw was playing on whatever they could get their hands on,
> so hw never had the polish of floyd.

        Actually, pre-70s, Floyd had shitty equipment, too. In fact, some of
the Boots I've got of them in those days are quite shocking. I think
they made up for it for being the "loudest band in London", as they
where known as at the time.
> i think with better equipt at their disposal,hw would have had a
> different sound,and so would have evolved into something else.
> i dont know if this were better or not,but i have seen in a few assorted
> interviews how hw sort of kept an eye on what floyd was doing.
> there were a lot of comparisons between the two bands in those days.
>
> i think that floyd carefully orchestrated their sound and schtick,
> so as to have that mass appeal,and still be on the edge.
>
> hw on the other hand did whatever came naturally,and i think they
> might even have enjoyed the abuse heaped on them by the media...
> rj

        How did the media treat them in those days? I don't realy know much
about their reception by the public and the media, other than a from a
few years back.

-Max Wilcox