BOC: Bolle - stirring up more trouble

Andrew A. Apold mordru at MAGG.NET
Wed Oct 16 21:25:16 EDT 1996

>  Perhaps next time when something is forwarded from *another* source we
>could see some CONTEXT.  The guy is entitled to his opinion, no?  If he
>doesn't like BOC-L so what?  If he thinks HW suck, so what?  So does my
>mom.  If he thinks that certain CDs are worth certain sums of money- so
>what?

Fine, here is the complete text of his post.  It was posted in reply to a
bost about which version of Astronomy was the best, and made obvious
references to two other posts recently on alt.music.blueoystercult, one
asking if the "Live 1976" video was worth $15.99 at Best Buy, and one
praising E.T. Live as BOC's best album.  To my knowledge (I monitor the
group fairly regularly) no messages have been posted on there about BOC-L in
at least a month or so....

Anyways, just to make sure no injustice was done:

> [...]
>outstandingversions, mainly due to Buck's guitar playing, but sometimes
>due to cool bits and pieces from the other guys in the band....
>Originally Albert, Joe & Eric sang each parts of this tune in Concert
>before they decided on that final vote on who was to sing it for the
>record..... The Best voice in the world won of course!!!
>
>Currently not the case as the BOC sets are seriously Buck Dharma oriented,
>thus No Secret Treaties material in their sets... back in 1988-1991 they
>played just about that entire album mines Cagey Cretins and Subhuman, 2
>tracks I'm sure all of us on this board would love to hear in conert one
>of these days... I remember it from the 1975 Tour as the best song of the
>shows.
>
>Some of you guys are much too rigid and close minded when you start to
>list thing in order.... The worst BOC album is"Career Of Evil/The Metal
>Years" because any one of us can assemble our own Best Of any fucking time
>we wish to, and it won't contain the majority of the songs listed on that
>disc....
>
>My personal worst album will forever remain "ETL" It's all stuff recorded
>by Radio Stations and about half of the album is the Hollywood
>Sportatorium show from 1981 when Downey was brand new in the band and
>their set list was possibly their worst Ever, after comming back from that
>strange European tour. well... the later part of the 1984 Spring tour was
>really sad too...
>
>Unfortunately ETL is one of their best selling albums but this is all
>because of promotion and push etc. etc. That's always the best and easiest
>way to get rid of garbage....
>Sales Figures will NEVER represent quality. So, For That, Agents Album
>sales crap... Who cares... it went to the lowest common denominator...
>People who only know the Hits, aren't fans, they're just casual music
>listeners and they like some shit they can sing along too, that's it!
>Fans look for exitement... all these other fill up losers just fuck things
>up for the rest of the society, leaving us with Overt Commercial crap to
>suffer from daily repeats on the FM Bands throughout the world.... I'll
>play my own music daily thank You!
>
>Further More:  BOC L  Sucks!  When they get rid of the heavy load of
>Hawkwind, it may turn legit, but in the meantime...
>Logic Rules, Stupidity Sux, as always!
>
>Great Moments of latter day BOC are: RBN, Imaginos and 4 songs off Club
>Ninja  White Flags, Dancin' In The Ruins, When The War Comes (The Demo
>Rules), and despite its lyrics, Make Rock Not War. I like the track to
>Shadow Warrior, but "I'm A Rebel" is a lot more fun.. :-) and it sounds
>better with Eric singing it alone.
>
>Finally.... Live 1976 is it worth 15.99??? Who ever asked this.... Fuck
>You, ( I payed $80.00 for my LVD....) You  Tight wad Heretic! Save Yer
>Money and rename yourself Scrooge... IDIOT!!!!  Who Needs 'em in BOC?
Roger Shrubstaff               "I was corrupt before I had power!" - Random

Baron of Silverwater
Barony of Silverwater
Kingdom of the Burning Lands
http://www.magg.net/~mordru/silver.htm